Friday, March 21, 2014

Blog #14, Friday, March 21, 2014, Toyota Related

Hello Everyone, 
I am back for the night to get more material to work with at my busnut friends house tomorrow so I wanted to catch you up on the Toyota we had reworked by someone who knows what in hell they are doing. 

I put the old rebuilt carburetor back on my Toyota engine as the other fellow that was supposed to do it was not dependable but come to find out this carburetor was attempted to be rebuilt by someone else previously and this is possibly why the car was given up on in the first place, Thank God!!  Anyhow they must of also got the vacuum tubes all mixed up and you will see how and why that may have happened and I just followed suit in reassembling the carburetor.  The car did run as I told you but run for crap and it sounded like it was sucking air etc, even after I unplugged the catalytic converter as well the care did not run very well.  

I went to a place recommended by a customer from O'reilly's auto parts, a fellow named George Manteghi convinced me I would have so much less problems with a Webber Carburetor that I went for it.  You will see in the photos included in this post the difference in the one with all the confounded vacuum hoses and the one not needing them any longer.  I have to tell you ole George knows his stuff, this car run like a top, started up on the first turn over I believe and runs like hell.  I have other issues but it was not affordable at this time to fix them, I needed to get to my bus nut friends house and wanted to get my Toyota home before I went to help out a friend.  

Old rebuild carburetor without plug wires connected or breather put on. Lot of hoses there baby!!


Car in completed stage to run with breather and heat riser on and all hosed connected.

Engine with new Webber carburetor mounted on it, all old vacuum lines removed that are no longer needed, the EGR right nest to the thermostat was the real problem in the first place my mechanic that worked on my engine here in the first place.  EGR vlv is no longer in place for use.  

Here is George Manteghi that did all my Toyota work and got this baby humming properly and will now be my permanent mechanic on my 'Toyota for sure.  This guy is one hell of a character. 

Here is the shop in Greenville that I used to get my Toyota engine running correctly, removed all the legal antipollution equipment Possible and now the car runs so smooth it is not funny

Here is the inside of George's shop, stuff all over as tall as you are.  Stuff no longer made and back rooms just chuck full of stuff.  Like being in a candy store to me, But everything for a Toyota that I could not get on line or any place.  

1) Well I do not have any gages working except the speedometer, there must be a ground problem that has to be found but not this moment.

2) The EGR valve was bad and this is all that was probably wrong with the car in the first place but anyhow, this car is mine now and the EGR valve is no longer needed either.

3) I need a heater control valve that bolts on the bulkhead for my car, mine had a broken fitting for the hose connection and was inoperable, but this could be $100, so I bypassed the heater right now and will take one problem at a time. 

4) I have a vibration in the drive shaft system, I have a dual drive shaft and it could be where they join or one of the ends needing replacing, I will inspect and do what is necessary when I get done helping my friend out.  I also decided to get drive shaft balancing hoops sold by "Balance Master.com", which should eliminate any vibration in the future.  I also plan to use this product that is designed by them for my tires for my bus.  Go their website which is also advertised in the Bus Conversion Magazine all the time.  This could revolutionize controlling any vibration on any shaft, go see their video and information to decide.

I am totally anxious to drive the Toyota, I have so many offers to buy it from me even at the shop where it was being worked on people wanted to buy it but I would not take a brand new Lexis for it to be honest.  It is too simple to repair and keep running and too much fun to drive to me. 

I nearly bought a 2002 Scamp camper over the internet Wednesday, for $2300, the people contacted me and told me a whole bunch of crap that just made me make up my mind I wanted this camper as it was in such pristene condition per the photos and the Scamp camper has the best reputation ever.  I was so damn excited,  but further research probed this was a FRAUD Craigslist post and I nearly fell for it.  After research I found it was bogus since January by asshoes named Rita & Ronald Stanko of Paterson, NJ.  Boy I was freaking pissed, goes to only prove the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true" and it was not.  So I am still in the market to look for one, not a new one either, a used one maybe up to $3,000.  They are all good I understand the way they are made and it was highly recommended by another good friend from Oregon Now, Dave, Thanks Dave for your mature advise in keeping me grounded.  This was a better idea than the "Littleguy" camper.  I think my little Toyota will only tow the 13' ft. one with very little problem, only problem is this one does not have a indoor toilet.  the 16 ft. does but it weighs so much more too.  Well I have time to get more information, but, if anyone of you know of anyone with a Scamp for sale for the price cap I have mentioned above please give me a call, day or night, 24/7.  I could not be more appreciative.

Well I will now post the photos I mentioned above, go and enjoy my wife, two dogs and two little guinea pigs and then go to bed. 

Take care, drive safe, tell those that you love that you do and be sure to Mean It!!
Garylee

No comments:

Post a Comment