Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog #4, Sale of 8V71, Josh Brannon, Shop Supplies, Eagle Design, Welding shop complaint

Note: This blog has been transferred and modified from "Wordpress" to Blogger, Feb. 4, 2014, I have a couple more Blogs to transfer to be caught up then new blogs will be written. 


BLOG #4, MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2014

Well today was a good day, first of all a lot of people had the day off as a Holiday as it was a celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Day. Not all business voted to take this day off but those that did I am sure had a wonderful sunny, warm day to just do what ever.  Hope those that could enjoyed themselves for this 3 day weekend.
As for me personally it was good too, I did not celebrate this day for that reason but I did sell one of my 3  8V71 engines to fine fellow, Josh Brannon of Murrells Inlet, SC.  He came here real early this morning, he hired a rental fork lift from a  rental place to come and load up his truck with this 2300 lb. payload and he was astonished how much his 6' box truck squatted down.  Me too!! We had to wire the tail gate shut, the engine was about 2" too long to shut the tail gate properly!!  Yikes!!  But we got her tied down safely and off Josh went.  Josh bought my 8V71 with Jake Brakes on it because his engine on his pretty Eagle Band Bus puked on him and he was in dire need of a replacement.  He has a band,  the “Josh Brannon Band” that tours the South East  and plays the newer country music that the new kids like.  I asked him if he plays Merle and he said yes, and asked him if he plays Web Pierce, and he said "we don’t go that far back"Haha.  He doesn't know what he is missing for us old timers does he??
Josh is a fine fellow, he gave me one of his music CD's and I am listening to it now, pretty good for new country, I still love my oldies, just like me.  Straight from the heart stuff, but got to give this guy credit.  Good looking son of a gun too there girls, Tim Mcgraw style walk etc. Look him and his band up on the net, “Josh Brannon Band” for his next tour and dates of appearance.



appearance.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Brannon-Band/108636339166558
Ok, now that one of my 2300 lb anchors is gone & my yard is lighter, 
I got to go do a little  shopping for shop supplies. I went to my favorite welding shop to get 6″ cutting wheels, they went from $2.59 only 2 months ago to $4.59 today (good grief).  They said they had a price increase!!! Hell that was thievery and I let them know.  I told them I would shop on-line before paying that freaking price and will.  So stupid, like the post office, raise the price of everything, handle less to hopefully make more, BS!!!!!! Not with me.  No wonder business are failing, greedy SOB’S.  UPdate, When I came home I ordered cutting wheels off the internet, the same size I was asked to pay $4.59 each for at the welding shop, I got 50 of them for $58 shipping included!! I also sent a letter to the welding company corporate office, (not cool sometimes) and expressed my displeasure with their price increases of their products and told them also what I did on ebay.  Long story short, I feel better, saved a lot of money too. 
 50pk Abrasive Metal Cutting Wheel 6" x .045" x 7/8"
Seller :
 heleta_online (8668 ) About heleta_online 
99.5% Positive feedback

Item condition:
New
Ended:
Jan 30, 2014 04:49:06 PST
 More than 10 available 8 sold
Price:
US $50.35
Shipping:
$8.00 Standard Shipping See details
 
Item location:
Cypress, Texas, United States
 
Ships to:
United States
Delivery:
Payments:
PayPal Visa/MasterCard, Amex, Discover  | See details

I went to Harbor Freight to get a roll of ,035 flux core welding wire, with 25%  discount that comes in magazines, 10 lb. roll, normally $79 per roll, with discount only $59 which ='s (one take of fuel for the car).  Man it was worth it.  HD is $89!!  I also got a new 3/8″ torque wrench normally $34.99, with discount coupon I got it for $9.99.  Now how can you beat that.  You can’t get a case of beer for that price!!
I did some more cleaning of parts to put back on my new engine, these parts Ed just sent me I forgot to take when I picked up my new engine from him, so tomorrow I will put that on and put on my miter box.  What a bummer that is, the design stinks, I think Stevie Wonder could have made a better design frame for the miter box and better looking too.  It hangs down there off the back of the engine like it was a practice assembly job for a newbie right out of grade school to design to me.  I hate it but I don’t have time to reinvent every damn thing on this bus.  Miter box is the center / lower part of photo of engine still in bus in this photo.  Ugly ain't it??  Just hanging there, has a purpose but ugly contraption.
 So back on it goes, once the door is closed on the back no one sees it until you open it at a rally and there that crap is.  Anyone else bothered by this ugly design besides me??
My good friend Kentucky Steve is coming here I believe Wednesday to bring me a new flywheel I need that he did not as he put on a Allison 740 tyranny, lucky bum.  He earned it though.  I can’t afford the automatic transmission, I just have to draw the line someplace, that is it for me.  $2-3000 is too much for this 68-year-old man too invest for someone else to enjoy down the road.  I wanna drive this baby for a while after all this time.  Anyone blame me??
Well I am starting to babble as there is not much going on today, I will get to the bus stuff soon, I promise.
Have a good night, tell those you love that you love them with feeling.  
Garylee

No comments:

Post a Comment