Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog #6 "Wow" Computer purchase / Return information for those interested

This post is TRANSFERRED from "Wordpress" and is the last one copied here, it has been also modified on Tuesday, February 4, 2014.  Updates of post will be started after this one is completed. Thanks for reading. 


“WOW” COMPUTER DESIGNED FOR BOOMERS, NOT THEIR GRANDCHILDREN
Hello Everyone,
Well this is Tuesday, January 28, 2014.  It is still cold as all get-up outside, only going to be in low 30′s, good grief and a snow storm is expected tonight as well.  What in hell is happening to our seasons, everything is all messed up.
I Stayed inside again today, I have worked for the past two days on a new computer I wanted to tell you about, I will probably send it back but highly recommend it to like your parents and grand parents to use.  I will explain why I am sending it back too, I hate to but it will be best for me.
I purchased this (“WOW Computer, First Street, for Boomers & Beyond) from an article I found in a AAA magazine I believe.  I called about it, I liked the pitch and looked up on Google and found it to be a pretty exciting computer to consider to have for LIFE!!  BUT, I found out that with the little experience I have picked up over the past 10 years this computer will not do all the things I enjoy doing like running more than one window at a time and working from more than one at a time which is hard to break.
I will list the pros and cons for you to consider, this is great for anyone with no experience or very little computer experience as you will not have habits like mine that make this computer not acceptable for what I enjoy doing.  I will list the on-line link to their website to go read for your self, so you can also forward to others that you feel may be interested for their parents or grandparents to encourage them to use the net in their relaxing days in their easy chairs etc.  This really is great for them I promise, and very easy to learn and it has many built-in video tutorials that anyone can watch over and over till they get it on their own.  Teaching seniors computers is not an easy thing to do, but this computer can do it all by itself, I have used their personal technical assistance twice already and that convinced me that this is not the computer for me and darn it I have to send back in a day or two.  I called to talk to a personal Tech to convince myself my suspicions were correct about what I am about to tell you so that  you get the straight skinny on this product if you are computer literate then don't buy it, you will not be pleased and it is a beautiful computer but not capable to do all you can do not I assure you. 
I am writing on it this moment but here is the link I promised 1st so you can go see about this great media tool: (may have to copy and paste)   http://www.mywowcomputer.com
Now for the list of pros for this computer:
1) You will never have to replace this computer for life, it is upgraded by mfg. automatically at different times you are notified of.  You do not have to worry about it ever being outdated with windows 11, 13 etc.  This is not Windows formatted software computer.
2) This is Linux supported software like that used at Govt. offices.  There are no windows to speak of.
3) You will have a  LIFETIME of free virus protection you never have to invest in again, or be bothered with having your computer be looked at by an on line Doctor, you know what I mean.
4) Free lifetime replacement should the computer crash because of computer software glitch.
5) USA online and phone technicians, 7 days a week, controlled hours though thought time zones.
6) Free photo software I have not yet used but I am sure it is simplified for newbies to use.
7)WiFi ready if you wish to use that feature, recommend direct connection for less chance of interference with internet connections.
8) No SPAM or mysterious advertisement pop ups any time!!
9) 4 USB Plug in ports for cameras, printers etc.
10)This computer will use only (HP) printers, about $59 at Wal-Mart.
11) This computer has book reading feature, not used by me yet, similar to Nook.  Purchase of books possible to read on computer anytime you wish.
12) Write program works great so far, done all I wanted to do and easily.
13) You have 30 days to try computer and then send back if your are not satisfied, need to only pay shipping, $40 I believe.  That gives you enough time to try to train your parents etc. to see if they enjoy getting on the net and finding others like them as well and maybe old friends from years way back or with interest similar to theirs. NOTE: I have already sent mine back after only 3 days of using, no sense keep trying to use something you know will not work for you if you are used to using many programs at once or windows at once.  
14) The computer is controlled either by (wired mouse – included, Touch screen controls, or  you can buy a wireless mouse)  The touch screen controls is really cool to use even on scroll bars.  Everything actually can be done by touch screen nearly.
15)  There is way too many more features of usefulness to include them all here but this is truly the tool to encourage your senior loved ones to join the net with the rest of us young bucks and buckaroos.
16) You will have main menu buttons on the left side of your computer screen that with a mouse click or press of a finger on the screen will bring you right to your mail, internet connection, photos etc.  Everything is simplified and at your fingertips and very visible
17) I have and recommend getting the 22″ screen, it is wonderful to view, everything and make as large as you need and have it all on the screen and not off to one side and not visible.  Every program you go to on your computer you will have the left hand menu visible the entire time if you want to go someplace else but the computer will remember where you were at last when you press the proper button to go back to that area.
18) The internal speaker system is clear, clean and  controllable enough to enjoy your music, video tutorials or anything audio on the web you enjoy.  External speakers is not really needed.   The audio Quality is great.
NOW FOR THE CONS THAT MADE ME SEND THIS MACHINE BACK ONLY BECAUSE OF MY desire to USE MANY WINDOWS AT ONE TIME TO WORK WITH.
1) You are Unable to install any software from the internet through downloads like my program AVS I use all the time for Photos, Videos etc.  This is one way they control no viruses to get into your computer.
2) You are Unable to install any software from stores like Best buy or any place, this also is for the same reason as #1, to reduce any viruses on your computer and I have lost 2 complete computer systems to viruses in the past 10 years!!
3) You can only have one MAIN email acct. name, but 2 other names that you have to work around to get to after loading in you email system. Older seniors will normally have only one name and a real one at that, not one like skinflint etc.
4) You do not have several windows you can open at once to work back and forth on like I am used to using, You will only have one window at a time to use, making it simple to remember where you are working and not confusing trying to keep remembering where you were last.
5) You will have to learn to use some keyboard features for (Cut & Paste) that we normally do with a click of a mouse, but that is minimal problem when you learn it I am sure.  I just get impatient trying to remember, CRS, Can’t Remember Stuff!!
The cost of this 22″ beautiful computer is $1,079 + shipping, you can bargain the shipping if you are nice and get it sent free, just be nice, tell them Garylee the busman sent you, Only kidding, this won’t get you nothing but it will show that we are spreading the word among us old timers and we can be powerful when we wish to be.
I hope this information is informative to you and worth considering for your senior loved ones or those you have highest respect for, the price is good considering it is the last computer they will ever have to buy for life and all the features that are included for life.   Just think about it, LIFE!!!
Don’t forget to tell those you love that you love them and mean it.
Garylee

No comments:

Post a Comment